Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Becky's Famous Hot Wings!

I love a good Hot Wing, and ever since I left the east coast in 2004 I have not found a decent wing place to eat.  So......I made them myself, and OH MY GOD!!  They are wonderful!  I made some for the 4th of July BBQ we had with friends and everyone loved them.  Here's my recipe, sorry no pictures.

Ingrediants
Chicken wings and drumettes (as many as your heart desires, I personally buy them at Costco and it's enough for 3 or so meals)
Franks Red Hot Sauce (do NOT cheap out on this, you get the best results with Franks! and no I'm not paid to say that, although if they want to offer me money I'll say it over and over)
2 sticks butter
frying oil (I use cheapo veggie oil)
Tobasco sauce

First fry your chicken, I do not bread them I just fry them the way they are, washed of course.  I use my big double broiler pot and about an inch and a half or so of oil.  Fire up your oven and heat that oil.  Stick the chicken in, and fry it.  I do it for 27 to 35 mins, you're looking for that nice golden brown finish.

while frying your chicken, start the 2 sticks of butter melting in another pot.  Add in 12 ounces of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (original formula).  Shake in 5 to 10 drops of Tabasco, depending on how hot you like it.

Once your chicken if fried and drained put them in the sauce in batches, coat well and serve!  OMG!  The left over sauce is fantastic the next few days with celery or potato salad.  YUM.

1 comment:

Debbie Puckett said...

Sounds wonderful and I will be looking forward to having some when I come visit.